1. Do you deliver?
Unfortunately, no. All cakes are available from my kitchen in Fitzroy North. I am happy to discuss other options if you have special circumstances or for big events such as weddings.
2. Can I give you a photo of a cake or show you one I've seen on Instagram?
Go for it! I have plenty of examples on my Instagram but I am always happy to try new things. I do have a certain style and don't want to deviate too far from it but sending photos and examples can really help with understanding the direction you'd like to go in.
Also, if you're a bit stuck on what you want, I have a link to my Pinterest account at the top of the page that shows a lot of examples of styles I love to help you figure it out :)
3. How far in advance should I order my cake?
As soon as you can is preferable but at least two weeks lead time is needed for me to organise your cake. I may be able to squeeze in orders with less than two weeks notice but it will be on a case by case basis.
4. Can I get a customised topper for my cake?
I don't personally make custom toppers but I'm more than happy to put them on your cake! Just let me know beforehand and I will make sure to leave a spot for it so we can add it when you pick it up. A simple search for "cake topper" on Etsy.com/au will turn up a heap of great local options!
5. How do I place my order with you?
EASY! Simply follow these steps:
- Take a look at my gallery to figure out which cake suits your needs and price range
- Use my contact form to give me as much detail as possible
- I will contact you within 24 hours to give you a quote and lock in your pick up date!
I will provide you with an invoice that will include details for payment options which are EFT or to my PayPal account.
Payment must be made by at least a week before your pick up date but payment on confirmation is appreciated!
6. Do you do gluten-free/vegan cakes?
No, sorry! All of my cakes contain flour, eggs, milk and butter and we are unable to substitute these ingredients in our recipes at the moment.
7. What is your cancellation policy?
I can offer a full refund for any cancellations made within a week of the pick up date.
8. Can you make a cake using fondant?
Sorry, I won't be taking orders with fondant designs. I really don't enjoy fondant because cakes should look like cake! Also, I think it tastes awful so I choose not to work with it.
9. Can I change my order after I've confirmed with you?
Yes, within reason. I do a lot of preparation and purchasing for cakes in advance so if you would like to make changes please let me know at least a week away from the due date. Any changes made after that may incur additional costs.
10. What is the best way to transport my cake?
I would recommend keeping the box on the floor of your car with the air conditioning on. It is also helpful to place some towels around the box to prevent further movement. I would avoid having the box on the seat as it may cause the cake to move around and touch the sides of the box.
11. Can I pick up my cake the night before and store it in the fridge?
Absolutely! All of our cakes can be eaten 24 - 48 hours after pick up. We recommend you to wrap the entire cake box in 2 layers of cling wrap before storing in the fridge. This keeps the cake free of fridge odours and helps any edible flowers to remain fresh. Bring the cake to room temperature before serving. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heaters or flames.
12. I have allergies! Can I still get a cake with you?
At the moment I can't accommodate gluten intolerant customers or those allergic to basic ingredients such as dairy and eggs that are essential to cakes but I can make sure your cake is completely nut-free, seed-free, or other foods and plants and ensure there is no cross contamination in the kitchen.
13. Do you do cake for specific events such as a bachelorette party?
HECK YES! Although I don't like to use fondant I will make an exception for an anatomically correct bachelorette cake :)
We can discuss other themes but they will be subject to styling preferences.
14. I still have more questions, can I contact you?
Of course! I'd love to hear from you :) We have a contact form available on this site or you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org